Are you a small business owner in need of some jet fuel to boost your website? A new Commerce program may have up to $4,000 worth of free jet fuel for you.
Whether you need an e-commerce site built from scratch, are already selling online locally or nationally, or you’re looking for some technical expertise to optimize your mobile experience, read up on the Go Global program opening to applicants on September 13.
In a nutshell, the program will match up small businesses in need of e-commerce help with seasoned, Commerce-vetted website firms to boost their online sales reach.
We know that 80% percent of consumers do their research online before they make a purchase; that’s 230.5 million potential customers for your business. And that’s just in the United States. Ninety-five percent of all customers and two-thirds of the world’s purchasing power lie overseas.
Go Global was designed to even the playing field a bit for small businesses across Washington State. The program offers successful applicants up to $4,000 to design a new website, upgrade an existing one, or add online ordering. You can even use the money to increase your search engine rankings and build a social media marketing machine.
Go Global’s goal is to encourage small business owners, regardless of location or socioeconomic situation, to seamlessly sell their products and services online. Technical assistance will be provided to create or improve their e-commerce website experience at no cost to the business owners.
Let’s get into the nuts and bolts.
Who is eligible to apply?
For-profit businesses that are:
- organized or incorporated and operating in Washington State
- have a UBI or EIN and physically located in Washington State
- have been in business for not less than a two-year period ending on the date on which the award is provided; and
- generate at least 51% of revenue in Washington State
What types of services are eligible?
Some examples of services are:
- website development
- translation and design
- implementation of online sales apps or plug-ins
- assistance with digital marketing, including search engine optimization
- assistance with development of social media strategies and integration with app-based/online delivery services
- training on e-commerce platform use
Set a reminder now to visit Go Global on September 13 to apply.