Lesson 4: Creating Revenue Streams
What You’ll Learn: As a creative, it’s easy to think about selling your work as a simple, one-time transaction. But these days, there are ways you can monetize your work through multiple channels, reselling and repurposing it to create a steady stream of money coming through the door.
Creating Revenue Streams (continued)
- Map out the different creative talents that you derive revenue from now. Is there a way to create additional revenue streams by repurposing what you’ve already done, going into another aspect of your craft or finding new markets?
- What can you do differently to monetize your creativity in new ways, such as licensing content or copyrights, creating a subscription model, combine pursuits into a new offering (a passion for design and coding that leads to game design or website production)?
- As you build consistent revenue, what else can you do to meet your personal needs in terms of income? Can you teach or freelance? Host a webinar? Give lessons?
- What pathways offer you the best options for creating a consistent revenue stream that evens out your income so that you aren’t in a feast and famine mode as work comes in and new work is courted?
- Is there a way to monetize your work through other channels, such as apparel, promotional items, limited productions or collectibles?
Return to Main Office
Introduction: Are You Ready?
1. Thinking Like a Business
2. Business Structures
3. Access to Capital
4. Creating Revenue Streams
6. Finding Customers
8. Creating a Winning Pitch
9. Effective Negotiation
10. Intellectual Property
11. Managing Your Money
12. Going Global